Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Midday

I'm at one of the design labs here on campus, and they just got these brand new Imacs. The screen is like 2 feet across. And the keyboard is like half a centimeter thick. Everything looks so fresh. I'm gonna be here for a while.

Anyways, a lot of people ask me what my favorite shoe/clothing brand is and I usually have a lot of answers that all meet a specific need. Usually I go on to explain the type of products and concepts I like rather than the manufacturer. Something all my answers have in common is their approach in minimalistic branding; Reebok is the one exception. But one I cannot admire enough is Hiroki Nakamura's Visvim, by Cubism and Free International Laboratories (F.I.L). I won't go into any details about their design philosphy, branding, or marketing/business approach, but they are what I hope to carry out for my own endeavors in the future. Here is a feature of Visvim showcasing in Paris put up by honeyee.com. It comes with a rare english translation. Enjoy.

http://www.honeyee.com/feature/2009/visvim/


No comments: