Monday, June 1, 2009

Upset

It was a weekend of number 1 seed upsets with the Cavaliers losing in 6 to Orlando, and Rafa Nadal losing in 4 to 23rd seed Swedish Soderling on consecutive days. If Haas had been able to capitalize on Federer this morning, I would have been very suspicious. Very suspicious.









Something else that came out over the weekend was Staple Design and Reed Space's first issue of their new print publication Reed Pages. There are a lot of things I like about this magazine, one of them being of course the creative direction expected from staple. Every feature is ordered alphabetically and unbiased from A-Z, there is no main feature, no small columns, and everyone gets an interview. Whats unique is that there are no advertisements whatsoever. I was thinking about how I would pull it off if i ever tried something like that and here it is. You have a page for your sponsor, with their logo and some words of acknowlegment. Nothing else. I felt that this had a lot in common with what I visualize for my own magazine if I ever made one. With that said, its going to be difficult to avoid any imitations. What else is cool is that you can view the entire first issue online here.



No comments: