Tuesday, October 13, 2009

New York

Concrete jungle where dreams are made of...


from that blueprint 3 that I bought the first day it dropped. They really represent their king back east. It felt great to be back on the east coast for the first time in too long. New York is as it always was, best city in the world. It's okay, I say that about many cities. I only wish I had more time to do more of the things I wanted to do. This trip was primarily to visit my brothers new school at the Culinary Institute of America. Top in the nation. Hopefully this benefits me just as much.
I also took the oppurtunity to visit a number of potential grad schools; Pratt, SVA, and Parsons. Honestly I have no desire for any more higher edumacation but I got a sense of what I missed out on over the past few years for sure. I did get a bunch of free books though, always welcome.
I mostly stayed at my aunt's house in Jersey City, which isn't in New York, but is 2 stops away from the World Trade Center. Only other place was that one night in beautiful Brooklyn. Holler Angelo. Also got the chance to go up to Columbia to visit my friend Bec accompanied by 2 full racks of dinosaur ribs.








Fortunately, I was also lucky to be in town the day Reed Space was clearing out, so I went down for a field day. Couldn't leave the city without stopping by once. The highlight of this trip was definitely my last day there where I attended the Imprint Culture Lab. More on that later.
And in case you haven't heard, I'm moving here next year.

No comments: