Sunday, November 8, 2009

Tokyo

It's seems like years since I last had an oppurtunity to update this. Even now, I am submitting this entry via my computer a work. Interestingly this is quite difficult as I really have had no oppurtunities to use english as well. For those of you who don't know, I am living in Tokyo for the next two months, interning at a design firm. More about that later.

My first week in Tokyo might as well been that of a millionaire. Just that first week though, too much luxury is not good for the soul. The extravagance began with the Tokyo's newest addition to its string of 5 star luxury hotels; the Shangri-La Tokyo, located on the top floors of the Trust Tower in the sophisticated Marunouchi District. Here is the view at evening and sunrise.





5 star rooms don't always come with 5 star showers. I've always wanted to try one of the ceiling ones with a window instead of a wall. Obviously, in an effort to get my money's worth, I took advantage of the unlimited free Voss norewegian artisian water. Within the hotel was the most expensive breakfast I've ever had as well as the most expensive club sandwich. Service is what you would expect with every employee bowing upon your every arrival and departure from the building.





Within walking distance was Tokyo main station for access to the JR, subway, and Shinkansen, the Ginza district, and the Imperial Palace.

No comments: